Thursday 20 October 2016

A Bronzed Brown Victoria Beckham-Inspired Look With the Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder Collection

estee lauder victoria beckham collection

The Eye Palette, Bronzer, Lip Gloss and one of the Lipsticks from the Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder collection

The right thing to do… No — the only thing to do when you’re trying to channel Victoria Beckham’s makeup on any given day is to not smile when you take your pics, because when does V.B. ever smile when she’s posing for a shoot?

Posh! The last time was, like, never. She’s always serving so much face at the camera. She looks like she’s about to kick your @ss, but at the same time she’d do it in 5-inch heels wearing Versace.

The girl, she works it.

If the Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder collection looks expensive, that’s because it is. The products (and prices) are easily Tom Ford comparable.

I hope you’re sitting down for this…but there’s a $95 eye palette.

(!)

I used it and a few other pieces from the collection for this look, which was my attempt to channel Victoria Beckham today, even though I know that I don’t look anything like her.

Unlike her, I don’t have cheekbones for days, but I tried to do some V.B.-inspired stuff. Like, her lids usually look a little glossy and smoky, and she has that signature black liner look, but what really distinguishes her makeup for me is that it always looks a little imperfect…but in the most perfect way. It’s a little messy, always a little undone, but always on purpose.

So, yeah, the Eye Palette? Epic. Granted, you can find jewel tones in other lines, but these are perfect.

When I did this look, I did my eyes first thinking that I’d have to clean up and do a lot of layering, because I thought, Estée Lauder, so I didn’t expect a lot of pigment, but that first layer of bronze… So. Much. Pigment.

I started with the reddish bronze and the medium brown, and both smoked out beautifully. I barely had to move my brush across my lids. But then I reminded myself, “This is $95. Don’t fall in love.”

So, so good, and all of the shadows are like that — pigmented, and they blend perfectly.

Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder
Limited edition 12-piece collection
Available now at select Estée Lauder counters and net-a-porter.com
#VBxEsteeLauder

estee lauder victoria beckham

I’m wearing the Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder Eye Palette, Java Sun Bronzer and Moroccan Heat Lip Gloss

estee lauder victoria beckham

Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder products: Java Sun Bronzer ($65), Eye Palette ($95), Moroccan Heat Lip Gloss ($36) and Brazilian Nude Lipstick ($45)

estee lauder victoria beckham scale

The Eye Compact, Bronzer, Lip Gloss and one of the Lipsticks along with an iPhone 6S for scale

estee lauder victoria beckham eye palette

Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder Eye Palette

 Java Sun Bronzer, Brazilian Nude Lipstick and Moroccan Heat Lip Gloss

Java Sun Bronzer, Brazilian Nude Lipstick and Moroccan Heat Lip Gloss

I'm wearing the Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder Eye Palette, Java Sun Bronzer and Brazilian Nude Lipstick

I’m wearing the Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder Eye Palette, Java Sun Bronzer and Brazilian Nude Lipstick

victoria beckham collection

The entire Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder collection

I used the bronze all over my lid, then buffed out the lighter brown in the crease. Then I took the darker grey, which has faint purple undertones, and put that on my upper lash line before smudging the dark emerald green in the outer corners of my lower lash lines for a little extra something-something.

I’ve also tried the bronzer, gloss and lipstick from the collection, all of which I think are fantastic, but I feel like you can find comparable (and less pricey) pieces in other lines. Like the bronzer? — you know you can find something similar over at Bobbi. And the nude gloss, while gorgeous, is like MAC C-Thru.

Sure, if you’re a V.B. super-fan, by all means, make it rain! — but if you need to narrow it down to one specific thing, I recommend the eye palette. You can’t go wrong.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “A Bronzed Brown Victoria Beckham-Inspired Look With the Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder Collection,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/victoria-beckham-x-estee-lauder/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/152089887524

No comments:

Post a Comment